18 November 2008
After a thorough review of their route into the UK market, Evonik Industries (formerly Degussa AG) have selected Chance & Hunt, an Azelis company, as their UK distributor for a range of key products.
Commencing January 2009, Chance & Hunt will market, sell and distribute the following well respected brands: Vestanat®, Vestamin®, Vestagon®, Dynapol®, Dynacoll®, Vesticoat®, Vestoplast® and Degalan® for heat sealing applications.
These established products are vital for high performance coatings, adhesives and printing inks, resins & elastomers, materials for construction and composites and will be an important addition to the large portfolio of products which Chance & Hunt already has to offer in these areas.
Sandro Clerici, International Business Director for the Azelis Coatings business said: “We are delighted that Evonik have selected an Azelis company to represent them in the UK. Here we have a well established specialist coatings business, staffed by specialists in their field who are able to offer customers high standards of technical and customer support. We are proud to be able to offer them such quality products from one of the world’s leading and most innovative suppliers.”
Dr. Ulrich Kuesthardt, President, BU Coatings & Additives, added: “We look forward to working with Chance & Hunt and developing our relationship with Azelis. We are confident that they have the skills and commitment to service and grow our business successfully for our mutual benefit.”
For more information contact: Dianne Nott, T: +44 (0)1925 267557
M: +44 (0)7860 272754 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Chance & Hunt/Azelis
• Chance & Hunt is long established in chemicals distribution and has a proven track record of providing effective access to markets and proactive business development. C&H became part of the Azelis Group in 2002.
• Azelis was formed in 2001 and has pursued a ‘growth by acquisition strategy’, purchasing small and medium specialty distributors, whilst at the same time developing organic growth through the identification of synergies among member companies.
• The Azelis Group achieved sales of €1.1 billion in 2007 and employs 1100 people.
• The Azelis Group currently comprises 36 companies, operates in 26 European countries and has offices in Shanghai, Mumbai and Moscow. It offers international chemical producers access to many specialized market segments. Its international business units focus on providing products and specialist technical services into the Food & Health, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care, Animal Nutrition, Plastics, Composites, Rubber, Coatings and Chemical Industries.
• Evonik is an international industrial group with a workforce of about 43,000 and activities in more than 100 countries all over the world.
• Operations are bundled within eight business units which report directly to the Group board of management. They act as ‘enterprises within the enterprise.’
• As of September 12, 2007, what was Degussa is now the Chemicals Business Area of the new Evonik Industries. For further information on this creative new industrial group, visit www.evonik.com
• The Coatings & Additives business unit has 21 production sites worldwide, as well as a global laboratory network.
• Employing 2,600 people in 2007, it achieved sales revenues of more than €1.5 billion.