Azelis and the environment
As part of the Responsible Care & Responsible Distribution programme, Azelis has formed its own environmental policy:
- We aim to be a prominent and responsible partner within the international communities in which we work.
- Our company development is carried out with great respect for internal and external health, safety and environmental issues.
- We encourage a constructive and open dialogue with our employees, customers, suppliers, communities and the authorities concerning environmental considerations.
- We are giving employees at all levels a sense of responsibility concerning health, safety and the environment.
- Our focus is on environmentally sound commodities, semi products and additives.
- We work towards minimising our consumption of resources and reducing our environmental impact by continuously appraising our performance and taking necessary actions.
Our environmental objectives extend across our whole business and are designed to minimise our impact on the environment. We aim to:
- Ensure regulatory compliance and conduct our activities in accordance with sound environmental practices.
- Maintain and adhere to effective procedures for the handling, use and storage of materials to prevent environmental incidents.
- Minimise the consumption of natural resources and energy and reduce the creation of waste by improving operating practices and the recycling of materials.
- Dispose of all waste material and chemicals using only approved contractors experienced in the environmentally safe disposal of waste.
- Co-operate and maintain good relations with national and local authorities concerned with protection of the environment.
- Seek to be a good neighbor and improve the aesthetic appearance of our company sites.
- Maintain and adhere to procedures to enable a quick response to and safe control and clean up of any spillage incident that may occur.
- Investigate and report on all environmental incidents or complaints and to take such action as is reasonably practicable to prevent recurrence.
- Provide as much information as possible on environmental matters regarding our products and activities.
- To review health, safety and environmental issues during regular management meetings.