Company-wide statement on Coronavirus COVID-19
Azelis is actively and continuously monitoring the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak in line with local and national authorities and WHO guidelines. Our recommendations coincide with the governmental guidelines issued by the relevant country in which we operate. The safety and health of our employees and partners is our first priority as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect us all.
With regard to the product supply, we are currently not experiencing any major disturbances. To ensure business continuity, we have analyzed our full portfolio of products coming from affected areas and made this assessment available throughout the group. All local teams are monitoring possible disruption of supply in order to keep our customers informed and, where possible, we will find alternative sources as a response in case of a force majeure event.
We are continually in close contact with our principals to understand the possible impact of the Coronavirus outbreak on the availability of their portfolio. We rely on our suppliers’ continuous stream of information to monitor the potential disruption. We also hold safety stock for a majority of our products to ensure minimal adverse impact on the supply chain.
Furthermore, our technical managers and lab teams are diligently working on formulations that can address some of the current hot topics in the market (e.g. sanitizers, cleaning formulations, etc.). Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance with any formulations that you may require.
We have established a cross-functional coordination team, monitoring the situation and implementing (preventive) measures across Azelis as the situation evolves.
Examples of such measures include, in addition to what is described above, but are not limited to:
- Travel restrictions for Azelis staff:
- All non-domestic business travels need to be approved by the respective MD (COO for US)
- All intercontinental business travels need to be approved by the regional CEOs
- Instructions to employees on what to do on return for anyone who has traveled to contaminated areas (for private or professional reasons).
- Implementation of governmental orders for many of our colleagues to work from home.
- Implementation of individual country and functional contingency business plans in order to protect our business and minimize disturbances.
- Close collaboration with local authorities and business partners in order to ensure the health and safety of our staff and continuity of supplies to our customers.
- Creation of a dedicated section on the company intranet to provide continual Coronavirus updates to our employees.
- Reminders to our employees about WHO’s standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of the Coronavirus.
In addition, Azelis digital environment allows us to let many people work from home. This helps us remove the potential exposure of our teams and contributes to society by reducing the spread of the virus. Our digital tools allow us to stay connected with customers and suppliers to ensure business continuity.
We hope to have adequately informed you of the measures we are taking to contain the health and commercial effects of the Coronavirus outbreak. In case of any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with your usual local Azelis contact.
Dr. Hans-Joachim Müller
Chief Executive Officer