Seed coating is a specific part of the seed treatment process that happens prior to planting a seed. During this process, insecticides and fungicides are added, making it a more environmentally friendly way of using pesticides as the amounts used are very small.
During seed coating, a thick layer is added to the seed which contains active components such as fertilisers and bio stimulants. Seed coating is used for different purposes, but the most important ones are:
- adding weight to very light or fluffy seeds,
- increasing the size of very small or fine seeds,
- improving the size and shapes of uneven or elongated seeds for greater precision of planting, and
- providing seeds with a specific colour - colour allows the seeds to be distinguished in case of similar shape, discourages birds from eating them and enables fast recovery in case of accidental spillage.
Our vast range of products includes:
- Raw materials
- Pigment dispersions
- Wetting and surface agents
- Vegetable oils
- Biostimulants for seed health
Contact Specialty Agri/Horti